A history of the 1st Emsworth Girl Guides
The history of the 1st Emsworth Girl Guides
This exhibition contains a small part of “The history of the first Emsworth Girl Guides” written by Mrs Eunice Sanderson and loaned by her nephew for display. The 1st Emsworth Company was registered on 8th June 1921. Mrs Sanderson (Sandy) was appointed 1st Lieutenant in 1942 and became Captain in 1945 – serving in that position until 1983. This exhibition concentrates mainly on activities in the 1950s and 1960s and includes camping at Hayshott, South Harting Farm and Hinton Ampner.
5th September – 31st October
- From 25 September 2021 10:29 to 31 October 2021 15:30