You can donate by loaning or gifting artefacts or you can donate financially.
The Emsworth Museum welcomes and is extremely pleased to be offered both artefacts for its collection and donations of a financial nature. The Museum owes its existence and on-going vitality to the generosity of donors allowing it to shape and develop its collection. It appreciates the generosity involved in the offer of a donation, and understands that donated items may hold important memories for individuals, their families and friends. The Museum can assist donors find an appropriate place for their donations even if it is unable to accept the donation itself.
Artefact Donation Process
It may be useful to read the information below before a prospective donation is brought into the Museum.
- Details of prospective donors and donations financial or otherwise should be given to the Museum Curator who will represent the Museum
- The Museum welcomes artefacts as donations:
- that help to explain, advance, or enhance the history of the area or the story of Emsworth, its people, businesses and all related subjects.
- that are suitable for display in a public museum.
- provided it has appropriate available space and facilities for the display or retention in storage of the items.
Please do not bring intended donations directly into the Museum during opening hours because Stewards are instructed not to accept items on behalf of the EM&HT. Instead contact the Museum Curator (see contact details below) who can properly represent the Trust and can give an appropriate and informed response to the offer of a donation.
The Museum particularly welcomes financial donations. Financial donations allow maximum flexibility for the Museum to acquire artefacts that can best shape its collection, and best reflect the intentions of the donor. You might like to consider leaving a small donation in your will.
Contact Details: Telephone the Emsworth Museum Curator on 07973-365701, by post to The Curator, Emsworth Museum, 10b North Street, Emsworth, PO10 7DD or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org