The Museum is open to the public from Easter to the end of October. Once the museum closes for the winter, our volunteer team get to work on improvements and updates ready for the next season. During this winter period we are undertaking redecoration of part of the main exhibition hall and the stairs and reception area as well as updates to several of the display cabinets
In preparation for the redecoration of the Main Room of the Museum, the displays in the cabinets that contained the 1908 wedding dress and the Free French uniform have been stripped. Professional movers have been called in to move the big cabinets. With their specialist equipment it took less than an hour to move the cabinets. The movers will return when the redecoration is complete to move the cabinets back into their original position.